The worst thing you can encounter when you interact with people is your own lack of a base line.
人際交往中最不能做的第一件事,就是沒有底線。

No matter who you are interacting with, be it your family, your friend or strangers, you should know:
無論你是和親人、朋友還是陌生人打交道,你都應該明白:

1. You have your own boundaries which others have no right to pass unless you authorize them to.
你有自己的權力邊界,這是別人不能夠侵犯的。

2. What you do is your own business. And you are the one who decides how to do them.
你的事就是你的事,它們的最終決定權在你。

3. What others do is their own business. If you don't want to help, you have the right not to.
別人的事就是別人的事,如果你不想幫忙,那你就可以不幫忙。

There is no need in maintaining all those pointless relationships and making yourself miserable.
你沒有必要委屈自己去維護太多無意義的關系。

You don't need to please everyone.
你沒有必要去討好所有人。

Your energy is limited.
一個人的精力是有限的。

And it's impossible to get along with everyone.
一個人也不可能和所有人都保持融洽。

This is life. It may not be the life that we imagine our lives should be like. But it's the true life that we have to live.
這就是人生,它可能不是大多數人想象中的那個“應該的人生”,它是那個“現實的人生”。

?

(翻譯:能貓)