I was just about to take a bite of my mozzarella sticks
我正準備咬一口芝士條

when my brother called me
這時,我哥哥打來電話

to let me know he was out of his appointment early.
他告訴我,他提早開完了會

Starving little me
我饑腸轆轆

I decided it was a good idea to drive
我想還是繼續開車吧

and dip my sticks into the sauce
就把奶酪棒蘸進了醬里

all the while watching my GPS,
同時還一直看著GPS

so of course something dumb was bound to happen,
可以預料,一定會有糟糕的事情發生

as it did.
而它果然就發生了

I hit a curb on my way out
我開車出去的時候撞到了一條圍欄

and I guess it was bad
我猜到情況有些嚴重

because I immediately felt the car weigh down
我立刻趕到車子不堪重負

and give up,
垮了下來

I was almost sure I had popped my tire
我幾乎可以確定,一定是輪胎扎破了

so I headed to the nearest entrance to take a look at it.
于是走向最近的入口查看了一下

Low and behold,
果然

yes my tire was very popped.
我的輪胎爆了,情況很糟糕

Anyway,
可是

I don't really know how to change a tire
我實在不知道應該怎么換輪胎

and I was in a dress
而且我還穿著連衣裙

since I hadn't been home after work,
因為下班后我還沒有回過家

but nonetheless
無論如何

I started taking the things out from my trunk
我把隨身的東西從后備箱里拿了出來

and decided I'd call my brother
決定給我哥哥打個電話

to walk me through it.
幫我解決這件事

I had been there for at least 10 min
我在原地呆了至少十分鐘

trying to figure out what pieces were for what,
努力分辨,那些碎片原本是在什么地方的

with people looking
人們都過來張望

but no one offering to help.
卻沒有人幫忙

Right before I got on the phone however,
可是,就在我再次打通電話之前

this nice looking gentleman approached me,
有一個儀表堂堂的紳士朝我走過來

in his mid 20's
他看上去約莫二十四,五歲

and asked if I needed help.
問我是否需要幫助

I was so relieved
我如獲大赦

and he could tell,
他可以幫我

he immediately got down on his knees
他很快躬下身來

and placed the jack underneath the car
把自己的夾克衫鋪到車子底下

when he realized I didn't have a wrench
這時他發現我沒有帶扳手

(or whatever it's called)
我不確定那種工具叫這個名字

to get the car up.
沒法讓車抬起來

He got up fast,
他很快爬起來

checked in his truck
檢查自己的后備箱

and realized he'd left it at home.
意識到他把自己的工具忘在家里了

"I live literally 5 min down the street,
“我住的地方就在這條街,走過去五分鐘,真的”

?I'll go get it and come back,
“我回去拿工具,然后再回來”

I promise ."
“我保證”

I thanked him
我謝過他

and he was off.
他走開了

I stood by my car patiently waiting,
我站在車旁耐心等待著

another 10 min
大約十分鐘后

(still nobody else offered to help)
在此期間還是沒有人過來幫忙

and then I see his truck pulling in,
我看到他的卡車在我身邊停下

my heart was so happy!
我的心多么雀躍啊

He got down
他蹲下身

and immediately got to work on my tire,
很快開始對付我的輪胎

he was fast
他動作很快

and at the end
最后

he helped me carry the tire to my trunk
還幫我把換下來的輪胎放進了后備箱

not letting me dirty my hands.
免得把我的手弄臟

He was so kind
他實在太善良了

and the fact that he went so out of his way to help me was amazing,
義無反顧費心費力的來幫助我,實在令人贊嘆

thanks
謝謝

I really appreciate it
我無比感激

?